If you are an advanced user, you may want to create the Sniffie table from scratch by defining CSS selectors yourself. This is where the refining mode comes handy!
This is a feature in Sniffie v0.7.0.6. This documentation is also a work-in-progress and may change before actual release. Please note that using the refine mode may require knowledge of the web inspector (tutorials on the topic for Chrome / Firefox / Opera).
How to refine your Sniffie table rows and columns with selectors
- Activate advanced mode.
- Sniff anything on the website to view the Sniffie table.
- At the top of the screen, click the “Refine” button.
- Your Sniffie table will be empty. Instructions on refine mode usage as well as a row selector input field will appear.
- Enter your desired selector / selector combination on the input field.
- Press “Render”.
- Sniffie table will render based on your selectors.
- Proceed normally.
Please note that if you use Sniffie’s refine mode, Sniffie’s self-healing algorithms may not work so well as without using the refine mode.