Sniffie availability analytics gives you information on product availability. Please note that using the analytics requires you to have defined Availability column.
How it works
When you define availability column in your data extractions, Sniffie will automatically process that products availability to a good format. The availability is saved both in text as well as automatically converted to a numeric format. You can get the processed availability information out of your Sniffie database via Sniffie’s product feed.
Please note that Sniffie will currently not offer the ability for the user to translate qualitative availability to quantitative information. This will be offered in the future and will affect all availabilities retroactively. As of October 2017, Sniffie tries to convert qualitative information to quantitative by itself. This works the best should the availability be notified as a distinct quantity (e.g. “15 items in stock”). Otherwise, results may vary.
The overview of the availability page offers you the following:
- Product information
- The latest price (in any store)
- Number of distinct physical stores in the website offering the product. If dynamic stores are not used in the data extraction, this number will be 1.
- Total availability of that product across all distinct stores.
How to view the latest availability for any product in all stores
- Click the expand row button at the left side of the availability table for any product. That is, viewing latest availability per store is similar to e.g. viewing products belonging in a tag in the product tag manager.
- That product’s availability information will open with each row containing information for a distinct store.
How to view availability history for a product in a specific store
- Expand one product row using instructions above.
- Click any of the rows (i.e. distinct stores) of the expanded table.
- Afterwards, a modal will open retrieving full availability history for that specific product in that specific store. The information is presented to you as a table.
How to view availability history for a product in all stores as a matrix
- Click the matrix icon at the left of the analytics table (next to the expanded icon).
- Afterwards, a modal will open with a matrix containing availability information. The matrix structure is similar to price matrix with a few differences.
- Green cells indicate good availability. Red cells indicate bad availability. Other availabilties are colored as a gradient between these values.
- The thresholds can be set by the user and the matrix colors will change accordingly. That is, all colors above the maximum threshold will be green. Furthermore, all colors below the minimum threshold will be fully red.
- In addition, you can narrow down specific stores immediately by using the text filter above the matrix.
- The matrix can be transformed (i.e. rows and columns switched) by pressing the transform icon at the top left of the price matrix.