Sometimes you have a reference catalogue that is not available online. Don’t worry, you can import an offline reference catalogue with a CSV file! Just look into the following these steps.
How to import offline reference catalogue to Sniffie
- You need to be the administrator for your organization.
- You need to have an Excel file with the following column names (case sensitive):
- Website name
- Product name
- Price (needs to be a floating point number with dot as a decimal separator)
- Optional fields include:
Please note that all documents imported to Sniffie platform need to be in UTF-8 format.
- Please note that if there are multiple columns named the same name, the right-most column’s value will be retained.
- Read this article to define how unique products are identified in Sniffie’s product catalogue.
- Every row needs to have information in the compulsory fields or it is skipped.
- Save the Excel file as CSV to a location that you can easily access (e.g. desktop).
- Go to your product catalogue in Sniffie.
- Click the “Import reference catalogue” button at the top of the table.
- A modal will appear. Click “accept” to continue.
- Click the “browse” button and select your saved CSV file.
- Our system will check the file validity. If it’s valid, the import will start. Depending on the amount of product imported, this may take a while. Millions of products may take a few minutes.
- You will get a success message when the import is finished. It’s ok to navigate away, since the import will be going on in the background.